Super Bowl Team Total – In this week’s issue of Winfo magazine, columnist Greg Dempson has an early look at the big game, with an eye on a team total.
Let’s have a look:
One final game, which also happens to be the most wagered on game in North America.
There are more props available for this game than a requested Hillary recount!! Okay, so that is a slight exaggeration but I have looked at some of them and honestly there are many that are flat out absurd.
The line opened with the Patriots favored by 3 points and that number has held steady with the total climbing as high as 59 before coming back down to 58 at the majority of books.
High Octane Atlanta Offense
It is no secret that Atlanta possesses a tremendous offense. In this one they’re up against the best coach in the league boasting an elite QB and a stingy defense when it comes to points allowed.
I looked at Atlanta in the first half with regards to their points scored vs. teams that made the post season, here is how they fared:
– Atlanta was able to score 13 or more first half points in five out of their six contests vs. teams that made the playoffs.
Stingy Patriots Defense
New England played a less than stellar schedule and caught breaks, such as:
– playing at Pittsburgh without Roethlisberger in the line-up,
– closing the regular season at Miami without Tannehill.
– not having to deal with Le’Veon Bell after the first quarter in last week’s win vs. Pittsburgh
– playing an anemic Houston offense that somehow managed to score 13 first half points in their playoff game at Foxboro.
New England’s First Half Scores:
– New England allowed only two teams to score 13 or more first half points. (PIT got 10 without Ben and 9 without Bell playing slightly more than one quarter.)
This Week’s Observation
Atlanta is by far the best offense the Patriots will face this season as New England played 10 teams that did not make the post season. Atlanta only played four regular season games vs. teams that made the post season but they also faced a Saints team that was able to score and a Buccaneers team that was 9–7 at season’s end.
The Atlanta team total is over 13.5 points in the first half at –110. If this drops to 13 points I will make more than a recreational wager on the Falcons team total over at 13. As stated, it is presently at 13.5, so for now I have an opinion on their team total over 13.5 at –110.
For additional winning systems, picks angles and Tweets visit www.gregdempson.com